The mission of Branch Elementary School is to inspire learners through inquiry, investigation, and imagination in student-centered classrooms where collaboration, critical thinking, creativity, and communication are emphasized to promote student understanding and transfer of learning.
Our vision for Branch Elementary is to provide a safe, supportive, engaging environment where school, family, and community collaborate to:
- Provide a rigorous, relevant, student-centered, standards-based curriculum with a climate of high expectations for success.
- Develop an overarching science focus to enhance student understanding and application of scientific principles in all core content areas.
- Allow students to "own their learning" and to "construct" meaning for themselves.
- Encourage teachers to be coaches of "understanding" and facilitators of projects, authentic assessments, and learning experiences in real-world contexts.
- Inspire students to begin thinking about and preparing for college and the world of work.
- Embed 21st Century Skills including: critical thinking, collaboration, creativity, and problem solving into the core curriculum.